* * *

* * *

Pages

26.11.10

Thrifty Thursday. . . err, Friday!

Ok, obviously I got behind on my posts because of Thanksgiving. Mine was lovely, by the way-- how was yours? I've been spending the Holiday in freeeezing South Dakota with Josh's family. When we arrived yesterday it was only 5 degrees! Luckily, there's not much to do around here besides stay inside and eat. . . oh yeah, and then there's the best thrift store in the world 20 minutes away.
So, this is our Thanksgiving ritual-- spend Thursday with the fam, stuffing our faces, then Friday ("Black Friday", haha) we bypass the mall and go straight to our favorite shopping center: the thrift store in an old school. I hope you won't hold it against me that I must keep its name and exact location secret. . . You see, in just the last 3 years, since I've been going there, I've seen their prices nearly triple as more and more "hipsters" (well, the South Dakota version) discover its treasures.


Poor Josh, I dragged him (and his little sister!) through every room of this schoolhouse. And we were thorough. . . He got lucky and found an amazing pair of vintage speakers for only $10. I had great luck too, I picked out a slew of gorgeous dresses from the 50's, 60's and 70's, as well as two coats, a sweater, some jewelry, ties. . . I don't even remember everything I bought! I figure, between the Vintage Madison Holiday Pop-up Shop (which is next weekend-- ahh!), and on-line sales, I can justify buying a lot right now. So, you want a sneak peek? Here are some of my spoils. . .



I have beaucoup work to do when I get home!

XO,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment