* * *

* * *

Pages

10.1.11

Craft Project #1: Upcycled bow necklaces

So, as I mentioned in my last post,  I've been toiling away in my studio (and avoiding the frigid temperatures outside) working on various craft projects. I've been making jewelry for a long time, and using bits and pieces of vintage ephemera is my favorite way to create unique pieces. Last week, my friend Claire (of Mamushka Marie) came over and wanted to know how I made the fabric bows that I showed in my "Gift Wrapping" post. She thought they'd be great if we made them smaller and incorporated them into jewelry pieces. I agreed. This is something that had been in the back of my mind for some time, actually. So I went to work making tiny fabric bows and pairing them with charms and chains from salvaged vintage pieces. Yesterday, I debuted the necklaces at the Crafting Social Sunday (which was a blast, by the way-- we made "softies" and mine is very ugly but lovable none-the-less!).


BTW-- a few of the necklaces are already on Etsy.

Now onto other projects. . .Happy Crafting!

XO,

Jess


No comments:

Post a Comment