* * *

* * *

Pages

13.5.10

Busy Bee

Wow, sorry I have not posted in so long. . . but I've been a busy, busy bee. After a short trip to Atlanta, which yielded a hearty supply of new vintage items, I've been busily updating the etsy shop (which will continue into next week-stay tuned!).  Also, I've been applying for summer craft fairs. I'm particularly excited about Market Day in Des Moines, IA because it features sellers who make things, as well as people who sell vintage. . . so up my alley, right?!



Next weekend, I'm also very excited to be a part of Confectionique: A couple of local gals (in Middleton, WI) have put together this adorable temporary "store" where they display unique and handmade items about once a month. This month they're doing two themed stores: one for Mother's Day, and one for Father's Day. I went to the Mother's Day store last weekend, to see what it's all about.  It was adorable!

So, for the Father's Day store, I will be selling mainly my screenprinted ties.  Unfortunately, I will not actually be able to be at the store that day.  Fortunately, the ladies of Confectionique do not require artists to be present, we simply drop off our items and they arrange them artfully and run the store the day of the sale.  Now, if I was going to be in town, I would certainly be there, probably buying up amazing one-of-a-kind gifts for the special men in my life.  However, I will be out of town. . . . In . . .
That's right. Vegas, baby!  I never before had a particular desire to spend four days in "Sin City". . . I've always found the over-the-top American decadence of such a place slightly depressing.  But my good friend, Kylie, recently broke up with her boyfriend of 2 years, and REALLY needed a girls' weekend away.  So, when we found an incredibly cheap package deal to Vegas, I thought "why not?"!  As long as the hotel has a pool and a bar, I'm happy. . . And who knows?  Maybe some good thrift stores?

No comments:

Post a Comment