* * *

* * *

Pages

14.4.12

Roadtrip!

Whoa, I can't believe this is my first post of the year! Shame on me! It has been a very busy and eventful year so far. . . traveling around the country a lot, planning events in Madison, and working on various projects. I'll get into that later, but for now I'm sitting in a hotel room in Tulsa, OK.
Josh and I are on a mini-tour through a part of the country that I really hadn't spent much time in before. Two nights ago we were in St. Louis and had a great time with some musician friends. Yesterday we drove through some pretty intense weather in Missouri and into Oklahoma (right now we're crossing our fingers that a tornado isn't heading this way). I forced him to pull over when we passed through Springfield, MO because I knew the Red Velvet Vintage boutique is there! I've been following their blog, A Beautiful Mess for a long time so was very excited to see the brick-and-mortar store. It was very cute and well-merchandised, full of very nice, reasonably-priced pieces but not so packed that it's hard to look at everything. I have always said that if I ever open a store it will look like Urban Outfitters but be filled with unique vintage pieces. The RV boutique definitely fits that description! It actually reminded me a lot of a smaller version of the Blitz vintage "department store" in London.








Turns out, downtown Springfield has several vintage shops (and not much else). . .but unfortunately, we were in a hurry to get to a gig in Tulsa and didn't have much time to rummage. Ah well, next time!

XO,
Jess

3 comments:

  1. OH my gosh! Cannot believe I just found out about you!

    This store looks so classy - and just looking through these pictures I already see about 15 things I want.

    Unfortunately, I just found out about your vintage prom - 6 days too late :(. So sad - but I love what you're doing for Madison!

    If you're ever in town and want to meet, it'd be awesome to meet. I could learn so much from you.

    Best,

    Gabrielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait a minute - is it actually May 12th!? Oh my goodness - I need to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gabrielle,
    Yes! You should come to Prom! Tickets are cheaper in advance and they're available now at ReThreads, the Good Style Shop, Zip-Dang, the East Side Club and Costumes With Character (sun prairie). Also, we're doing a Pop Up Shop at the Project Lodge this Wed-Sun. . . stop in and say "hi"!
    Jess

    ReplyDelete